Mozilla Connect is a collaborative space for users (you) to share product feedback, submit ideas for new features, and participate in meaningful discussions that help shape future releases! The community is an evolution of Ideas@Mozilla…with exciting upgrades all around.
Take part by yourself, or with your friends!
Contribute on your own
1. Create an account and discover Connect!
- Create an account on the Mozilla Connect website (You can use your Firefox account!)
- Before starting make sure you read these articles on
2. Check out and contribute ideas
- Check out ideas and up-vote the ones you like the most
- Have an idea for a new improvement or feature? Add in the website!
3. Participate in discussions
- Participate in meaningful discussion with Mozilla staff and contributors
- There are two discussions led by members of Mozilla staff ongoing, be sure to have a look!
4. Spread the word in Social Media
Examples of posts (but feel free to change them!)
- Ever had a brilliant idea on how to make Firefox or other Mozilla products even better? Share it using #MozillaConnect https://mzl.la/36Ajw25
- Do you want to participate in meaningful discussions that help shape future Mozilla releases? Check out #MozillaConnect https://mzl.la/36Ajw25
Or you can share your favorite ideas on social media and use the hashtags #MozillaConnect and #MozillaCommunity
Contribute - With your community
You can also use this chance to do carry out an event (online or in-person) with your friends!
1. Introduce Mozilla Connect and create a profile (15 minutes)
Present Mozilla Connect and how to use it
Ask participants to create an account in Mozilla Connect
2. Brainstorm ideas and discuss them (ca. 1 hour)
- Divide the participants into groups of 3 to 5 people (if there are less than 4 participants skip this step)
- Ask each group to choose a product/topic. E.G. sync, bookmarks and history, search, privacy and safety.
- Give each group 10 minutes to come up with 10 ideas. Tell them not to worry too much about the quality of the ideas, just push out as many as they can (if online, use breakout rooms)
- When the 10 minutes have passed ask each group group to briefly share their favorite (or funnier!) ideas.
- Divide the groups again. Give them 10 minutes to choose 1 idea, and write it down as a real suggestion.
- When all the group are back ask them to present their idea. Add the ideas to a document (e.g. etherpad, google doc, whiteboard)
3. Vote the best idea and submit it (15 minutes)
- Ask all the participants to give “plus one” to the idea that they like more.
- Submit the winning idea to the website, explaining how to use tags to make sure that the idea is easy to find.
- Encourage people to vote for that idea on the website.
4. Conclusion (10 minutes)
- Encourage the participants to tweet out their favorite Ideas using the hashtags #mozillaconnect and #mozillacommunity
- Distribute swag to all groups that prepared an idea (if available). You can have special swags set aside for the group/person that had the winning idea