Campaigns are how we come together to solve big problems. Take a look at our active campaigns and join in!
The Common Voice project is Mozilla’s initiative to help teach machines how real people speak. We are building an open source, multi-language dataset of voices that anyone can use to train speech-enabled applications.
As of today, Common Voice has the ability to collect voice data for a specific purpose or use-case. Now, we’re putting this to the test and kicking off data collection for our first, single word target segment. To create this segment we need as many contributors as possible across various languages to record and review the digits zero through nine, as well as the words yes, no, hey and Firefox.
Mozilla communities do great work together. These campaigns are over now but feel free to check out what everyone accomplished.
Thank you for participating in the first phase of the Hunt from Home Campaign. With your help we now have a better understanding of the websites that need our immediate attention. We are rallying all fearless bug hunters for a targeted bug hunting campaign that will focus on the websites you shared with us in phase 1 of the campaign. Choose what you want to test, find the bugs, and file them!
Join forces with your fellow Mozillians and help top Firefox Add-Ons by localizing them into the top 10 languages.
Result: more than 100 volunteers from around the world localized 9 popular extensions into the 7 most used Firefox Desktop locales.
We want to understand where Firefox downloads come from. So far, we know that 30% of Firefox installs come from the official Mozilla website or from known partners. The other 70% come from mystery download sources that we call “the dark funnel”. Help Firefox understand what’s in the dark funnel, by participating in this campaign and spreading the light.
RESULT: 1563 reports filled
Help users who are asking for support in reviews on the Play Store. Join Mozillians around the world for a week of answering questions and helping users have a great experience!
Results: by the end of the campaign, 431 volunteers replied to 2200, 1 and 2 star reviews in a week – in 9 different languages.
Would you like to help us create open-source voice technology for your language(s)? The first step is gathering voice data in your language(s). But in order to do this, we need thousands of sentences for people to read. So we are asking you to submit as many sentences as possible in your language(s) so future contributors can read them on the Common Voice website.
At least 29301 sentences submitted
Mozilla’s Common Voice is the project that aims to unlock and open the voice ecosystem. It needs YOUR help to advance English voice collection and get to the next level. In order for a language to be usable by speech recognition engines we need at least 2000 hours of voice collected from at least 1000 diverse people, and we think communities are the only ones that can enable this diversity.
Results: 27 hours were gathered.
Mozilla is launching a NEW Android web browser and we need your help to get it ready for the free and open web. We’re asking YOU to become a fearless beta tester and BUG HUNTER to gather with friends and family, install this brand new browser and test it until you can test no more!
RESULTS: 8000 new installs, 533 bugs and about 3000 Daily Active Users
Join Mozilla’s Executive Chairwoman, Mitchell Baker in signing an open letter to the Justice Srikrishna Committee highlighting our main concerns.
The open letter was co-signed by 1,300 Mozilla India community members.
Firefox Quantum is soon to be launched and this is our opportunity to make Firefox rise again. Participate in the Firefox Quantum Sprint and make a difference by ensuring that Firefox runs smoothly in your region.
Result: 6251 site tested
Help us spread the word about the New Firefox! On Tuesday the 14th, 14:00 UTC, tweet about what you love in the new Firefox using #NewFirefox or retweet Firefox’s tweets.
Mozilla is evaluating how we might be bolder, broader and bigger in our work through the open and transparent ‘State of the Internet’ project. Outcomes will inform what longer horizon bets we might place to better address critical topics in online life. The project’s initial focus is on the Surveillance Economy. Share your insights on the Surveillance Economy, by reviewing and commenting 3 provocations.
Mozilla’s goal is to empower people across their connected lives. By getting our friends and family to join Firefox, they get ways to share files securely, keep their passwords safe, sync their browser across devices, test new products, and keep their data safe.